Is the Toyota Corolla a reliable car or Kia Optima or Honda Civic what brand is more reliable?

• Jay P
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the model year but you usually can't go wrong with either a Corolla or Civic. The Kia is decent but I wouldn't put it quite on par with either the Honda or Toyota.

1. Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic

2. Kia Optima

Hint: Good cars don't need long manufacturers warranties: They sell on their merit. Kia/Hyundai have come along way and it shows. Much more reliable than they used to be in the 1980's, but so are most automotive brands. There's a reason Toyota and Honda are default cars. They are great cars. I've seen crappy looking older Toyotas and Hondas that ran better than nicer looking cars from other brands.

I would go with the civic but they are all good cars. The optima will be the most fun to drive.

Kia is a good car anymore and has a much better warranty than the Honda or Toyota, but I would go with Toyota first, and a tie for second between the Honda and Kia depending on which styling you prefer.

• Erik

My mechanic says Kia is "junk", so go with the other two.

• Never

Not "junk" but not as good as honda or toyoyta or mazda.

If someone only has $2000-2500 to spend, a Kia might be a better bet than a totally worn out Toyota with 225k. You might get a kia with 80-90k.

I still have a 1997 Toyota corolla and it is the most reliable car i ever had. I hope the new ones are that reliable too.

• john

Toyota’s more reliable, but the Corolla is the most bland and unattractive car in the world. I heard Kias reliability have improved a lot, their warranty’s are good, and they are much better looking with better interiors.

• Never

kia is 3rd of those 3. Of course, if you are talking older used cars, they might be half the price.

The one that breaks down the least.