Samantha asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Is 500 to 1000 calories to little to have to eat?

I am barely doing any exercise and it's all junk food so would it be that bad I am just overweight and trying to loose weight I am 5'5 and 142 pounds

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"Is 500 to 1000 calories to little to have to eat?"

First off, yes eating five hundred to one thousand calories a day is to little. That leaves you short at minimum from about seven to one thousand calories a day. Also with such a low intake of calories, you will start developing deficiencies in certain essential micronutrients. Next is the fact that the caloric intake is in the range of that which those with or are in the process of developing anorexia will eat or try to erat below. On average for weight loss it's recommended to NOT drop below fifteen hundred calories, unless you're under the guidance of a doctor and a registered medical dietician.

If you need to lose weight, do it sensibly, and slowly. You don't want to lose it fast, as when you go back to normal eating, your body will start to slowly add the weight back on, plus additional weight above what was lost. Proper weight loss is done both slowly and with an increase of physical activity. Now in truth you don't need to lose any weight, as your BMI is well within the healthy range. If anything, you may want to eat a reasonable diet, adding in some exercise, to help lose any unwanted fat, which will be slow, while adding some healthy muscle mass.

• ...Show all comments
    • Pippin
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

And you might lose a pound or two -- and then gain it back once you return to your normal 100% junk food diet. What have you accomplished?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

You're fine. You may need to lose ten pounds at most. (Your hair is gorgeous.)

• 8 months ago

Even with no exercise this is to little. You should be eating at least 1200 calories, but I would start with 1300. You will most likely still be able to lose weight on that amount of calories (as long as you eat a decent amount of protein, around 100 grams per day).

• 8 months ago

Way too little. Especially if it's all junk food.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pippin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You are not overweight, and there is no possible benefit to starving yourself. If you are living on junk food, perhaps your goal should be eating more healthy foods, not just less junk

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

lose weight, not loose.

• Samantha8 months agoReport

Ok thank you for correcting me but just all you could tell me you couldn't even answer the question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.