Will I get the job at Walmart if i didn't show up to my last orientation date a month ago?

Basically I had an interview at Walmart over a month ago, and I got the job offer, passed everything and had an orientation date... Well i couldn't make the orientation because my car caught a flat, and not only did that happen but my phone ran out of minutes the day of orientation so i wasn't able to get up with anyone about my car or anyone at the store to tell them i couldn't make it. Oddly though, i was called by the same store a week ago to set up an interview for this week. Only thing is, will they bring up my last incident about not showing up? Will they even hire me? Will they make me wait to reapply? Should i tell them the truth over the phone before going in? Or should i just show up and wait until they bring it up?

Favorite Answer

If they want to interview you that's a good sign or they just would not have called you back.

• H

If I were you, I would have taken a picture of the flat tire to show proof. A lot of people know what my car looks like so if for some reason I had issues, such as flooded areas, I would take photos and show it to them so they know I wasn't making stuff up.

You have one strike against you. I suggest you don't push your luck and mess it up.

• DEBS

Show up. They called you to come in so do it. If they bring it up, then you explain your excuse (leave out sad stories and unrelated info....above was pretty good.) If they don't mention it, then you don't talk about it.

The big issue for me is that it sounds like you never spoke with them again even the next day. You could have easily called using someone else's phone the next day or stopped in and explain yourself. That's a big black mark on your record for me.

• Rae6 months agoReport

So i shouldn't call and tell the truth then? I should just show up?

• Anna D

If it were me, I'd never give anyone a second chance after they pulled a no-show on orientation day, but it sounds like they're willing to give you another shot.

You got the job and lost it