Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

my boyfriends best friends died, he doesn’t want to talk but wants me to help, i can’t be with him in person so how can i help over text?

Perhaps you should actually phone him and allow him to talk to you if he needs to get it out of his system. He may prefer not to - but your willingness to stand by him shows you care.

• tony

Helping Your Boyfriend Through Grief. One of the best ways to help your boyfriend through the grieving process is to give him time and space to heal.Even if it’s difficult to express how you feel, and even if you’re not sure your words can even make them feel better, you just do it in the most compassionate way you know how.

A loved one’s death is always a very painful experience. There are not enough words to explain how painful, and there are not enough words to express just how sorry you are that they have to go through it. Sending you my most heartfelt condolence in this very sad time.You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I share your pain for losing someone so loved and treasured. Please let me know how I can be of help to you during this dark and difficult time.

You can't do anything but be supportive. Tell him you're ready to listen if he needs to talk, but if he needs immediate help he should talk to his family or a grief counselor. Tell him to ask for the help he needs from the people around him.