Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 6 months ago

I’m wanting to move my farm and live in my camper so I can stop paying my landlords mortgage. I just don’t know how I should dispose sewage?

Disclaimer: I’m new to farming, so there are many things that may seem common sense to those that live or have lived on farms. I will have well 300 feet from camper and have water piped that far. I don’t want to contaminate any water sources and not sure how to store or dispose. Not sure if there is a septic tank or not on old house site.

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    How big a farm? 1 acre or 10 acre or 100 acre. You have to ask at city hall about your living arrangements that "they will allow you to have" Usually on 10 acres you can start by digging a deep hole and build and outhouse over it and that is your bathroom. No running no sewage. No showers either. You are permanently camping.. City will tell you what you are allowed to do on your property. They make the rules and you follow them.

  • Byrd
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Check the law in that county you will no doubt need a septic system

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    You'll need either a septic system or you'll have to drive/tow the camper to a pumping station.

    Depending on zoning restrictions, it may or may not be legal for you to live permanently in a camper.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.