Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Could I be pregnant or is something wrong?

My period was supposed to come around June 7th. I took a test June 8th, it was negative. Then about four days ago I got brown discharge, I’ve been getting brown discharge before my period since I first got it almost ten years ago. I also went to the gyno yesterday to renew my birth control, I had to abruptly stop taking it in April. The test there was negative as well. The discharge has seemed to stop a bit today. I honestly don’t think I am pregnant because I tested before and 2 weeks after. I’m wondering if has to do with stress or lack of sleep. Also I have extreme ibs like issues, I have no idea if that also could affect it.

You could be pregnant but I'd put the chance at minuscule.

Something could be wrong, but why would you think that? Your doctor didn't seem to think there was anything to worry about.

• Pippin

When you stop taking birth control, you may not get a normal period for a few cycles or you may be irregular until you settle back into your normal patterns.

I can see no reason to think you are pregnant. You should get your usual withdrawal bleed when you finish the current pack of pills.