Why do people act rude when you ask them a technical question that they find "easy"?

I'm interested to hear some intelligent answers because this is something I've only observed in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) world. I have noticed that people who are in the Engineering or Trade fields are really rude to students/apprentices who are trying to learn new... show more I'm interested to hear some intelligent answers because this is something I've only observed in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) world. I have noticed that people who are in the Engineering or Trade fields are really rude to students/apprentices who are trying to learn new information. It's almost as if they forget what it's like to be a beginner.

This information can be taught and learned. It does NOT have to be innate. We've even had teachers at the college level who were rude to us when trying to understand complicated, brand new information!
Update: Perhaps they're insecure people in those fields?
Update 2: Or they just get frustrated from hearing the same questions over and over again? Either way it's disgusting behaviour!