Can you buy a house with £70,000?

I am 24 and work as a Catering Assistant for an agency in hotels around London. I work 4 days a week. I live in London with my family and pay a small rent but also help out with housework and shopping. I have £30,000 saved up and my parents will give me another £40,000 Can I buy a house outside of London... show more I am 24 and work as a Catering Assistant for an agency in hotels around London. I work 4 days a week.

I live in London with my family and pay a small rent but also help out with housework and shopping.

I have £30,000 saved up and my parents will give me another £40,000

Can I buy a house outside of London somewhere cheap, fix it up and rent the rooms out which should cover the mortgage and have a little over for me? I was thinking of buying a 3 bedroom house and renting out all the rooms including the living room. I won’t be buying a house in London because it’s expensive I’m thinking outside of London but I don’t know where. I’ll have to do some research.

What do you think? If I go to get an mortgage and explain that to the banks will they lend me the money?