Sushil asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 months ago

How good is this idea for a self employment? Details are given?

I want to be a professional movie advisor to filmmakers.

I know what it takes for a film to be very good. I want to give my advice on scripts, direction or any thing to make

any movies better and charge them money accordingly.

As so many bad movies are being made despite having nice budget, is my idea good ?

• Cogito
    Favorite Answer

Unless you're a qualified film-maker and writer, with a degree and, ideally a PhD, and have a very impressive resume showing a long list of very successful, award-winning films which you have directed and written, no-one is going to be interested.

And that goes for short films, student films and indies, as well as full movies.

• Robert

It is a good idea. I think your understanding of how much you really understand about the industry may be lacking

• Bill

The hard part will be convincing filmmakers that your advice is worth the money, and figuring out what is a fair price to charge.

• kavana

Sounds good,I personally dont know how you would do that tho?

1)definition of good/bad movie?

2)everyone who has ever made a movie thought it was a good idea at the time.

3)noone intentionally makes a bad movie

4)everyone has a different opinion,whos too know what the majority would like?

5)theres been good movies that rated bad and bad movies rated good.

6)how would you prove too writers or filmmakers that your version is better?

7)what if someone else has a better version than you?

Just a few things too consider?If you can somehow prove that you can make movie better and have a reputation of doing so...you be laughing all the way too the bank buddy.gdluck.

• Lili

As trolling goes, this is pretty pathetic, dear. I know a couple of filmmakers and an Oscar-winning screenwriter. I'll show them this. It will give them their laugh for the day.

• Sushil6 months agoReport

Haha yes I know, I wasn't talking about Hollywood. I couldn't imagine to compete there.

I was talking on a much lower level here in my country where the situation is too much worse.