Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 year ago

Does anyone else notice the hypocricy of older people ?

Complain about technology while using apps like facebook hahahaha. Give me,a break.

• 1 year ago

Hi.

As an older person I can explain that they're not complaining about technology ...

If You LISTEN CLOSELY & UNDERSTAND THE PERSON SPEAKING, You'll figure out that they're complaining about the people who CREATED the things they're using & how badly, illogically & personally intrusive they designed them to function.

G'Luck!!!

• 1 year ago

it is not hypocrisy to be forced to accept what you do not like.

before the internet people use to talk to each other in person, and you knew who the person were.

Now there are even families who do not talk, or even see each other, because they are all focused on their screens.

• Rayal
    1 year ago

No I haven't noticed the "hypocricy" (sic) of older people. But I do know that they generally know how to spell or use spell check on their posts. They are not generally ashamed of their thoughts and postings enough to use the anonymous coward blue face used by some others.

1 year ago

You mean those people who complain about the big government while living off Social Security? Yes I do and I don't argue with then either. Maybe I'm a coward but I very seldom win arguments so its safer not to.

• 1 year ago

We are too busy noticing the mental redolence of younger people who obsess on older people's habits.

• 1 year ago

no I haven't noticed

• kavana
    1 year ago

Its about the same as young ppl not wanting to do chores around the house and living under there parents roof for free or complain about getting a job too pay for the electricity they use on there games etc.

1 year ago

I imagine that the complaining tends to be more so that the people they want to interact with REFUSE to communicate they way they would like. I've also seen how obsessed the kids are at getting their parents / grandparents to adopt all kinds of gadgets they don't NEED just because the kids think it's cool.

If someone came to your house, took away all your gadgets and replaced them with something that performs the same function but is different would YOU be happy?

• 1 year ago

No. What I notice is how young people have been turned into idiots incapable of taking care of themselves after being mesmerized by the technology provided by older people.

1 year ago

Son, you will never know the joy of being able to tell your mom that there are no phones in the woods.