Is it true general consent laws don't apply in porn?

My brother (18) decided to participate in a gay porn job where they pay straight guys to participate in gay sex. Long story short he described it as being the worst decision he ever made and that he felt violated as the shoot went on. He said it started out as one thing but escalated and when he hesitated about... show more My brother (18) decided to participate in a gay porn job where they pay straight guys to participate in gay sex. Long story short he described it as being the worst decision he ever made and that he felt violated as the shoot went on. He said it started out as one thing but escalated and when he hesitated about certain aspects of the shoot, the director/producer or whatever told him that since he consented to the shoot that he had consented to what all they we doing. I dont really want to get into the details of it but the whole "safe word" thing was a joke, and even though, in the end, they paid him what they said, he didnt consent to most of what was done.

Before anyone goes on a rant about how he got what he deserved and that what happened was a result of dumb decisions for quick cash. He was a mess afterwards and even though he told me he was gonna do it beforehand, it took him over a week to talk about it afterwards. I already lectured him and it didnt do any good but just upset him more since he was already blamming himself to begin with. I feel bad and want him to maybe take legal action but idek if he could do that since he did sign a contract and took the money.
Update: For clarity: Due to the nature of the film, part of the reason he was uncomfortable with how things escalated, why the producer/director said what he did, and why there was a "safeword" to begin with, is because he literally couldn't just up and leave. He was physically forced to stay until they... show more For clarity: Due to the nature of the film, part of the reason he was uncomfortable with how things escalated, why the producer/director said what he did, and why there was a "safeword" to begin with, is because he literally couldn't just up and leave. He was physically forced to stay until they finished the shoot.

I agree, it was gullible/stupid on his part but as I said, reiterating that doesn't help the matter at this point. I'm just asking if there if there is anything to be done?.