Daniel asked in PetsCats · 6 months ago

My cat ate a drop of tooth paste what is the worst that can happen to him?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

    STAGE 4 STOMACH, LIVER, BRAIN, AND LUNG CANCER!!!

  • 6 months ago

    A UFO will abduct him.

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    Rush him to the vets! Some toothpaste contains xylitol

  • Joe
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

    All the girl cats will dig him....

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

    Upset tummy - possible throwing up. If its not much, I'm sure the cat will be fine. It really won't hurt them.

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    Worst? He could die. Some human toothpaste has xylitol (artificial sweetener) which is toxic to cats. It can cause a sudden drop in insulin levels and also causes liver damage.

    All the other answers you've got here are wrong.

    Since it's been over an hour since he ate it, it's too late to induce vomiting. It still is probably worth calling pet poison control, telling them how much he ate and what they recommend. They will give you a case number that you can then give your vet so that he/she can confer with the poison control vet.

    If your toothpaste has xylitol, hopefully the small amount your cat ate will not do any damage, but if it were me, I'd want to know for sure.

    • 6 months agoReport

      Ocimom. Yours dose not contain it. But others do

  • 6 months ago

    Minty fresh breath FTW

  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

    Nothing will happen to your cat, he will be fine.

  • 6 months ago

    Not serious. May be a slight heart burn.

  • 6 months ago

    Fresh breath rather than fish breath!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.