Was I right to say this to my FWB? will choose a best answer?

Me and my FWB took things up a notch last night but he has made it very clear that he does not want to be in a committed relationship with me so I am not trying to push him into it anymore. I am just trying to go with the flow now but I noticed that he did not send a goodnight message like he usually does after we... show more Me and my FWB took things up a notch last night but he has made it very clear that he does not want to be in a committed relationship with me so I am not trying to push him into it anymore. I am just trying to go with the flow now but I noticed that he did not send a goodnight message like he usually does after we get together so I told him that I missed not getting his message and assured him that if he messages me to say "goodnight" from now on that I wont read into it for more than it is..I will just think it was a nice gesture . I said that because I get the feeling that he did not message me last night due to fearing he would lead me on by doing so. Anyway, do you think it was good that I sent him this message? I just wanted to make sure he knew that I was cool with everything and wont read into anything anymore. Was that good?

will choose a best answer