Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 6 months ago

U.S. Stoves? Do most people in America prefer gas stoves or electric stoves? Also, please state the reasons Why. Thanks.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

For cook tops gas is the best for the control of heating. For ovens it is a toss up but most are electric.

The newer electric cook tops are much better at controlling the heat and will eventually be the top choice.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Electric is more common. It is a simple plug in. Gas stoves require a gas fitter to connect it.Restaurants have both.

. Electricity is everywhere and when the power goes out a gas stove WILL NOT WORK as it relies on electricity for the thermocouple sensor. It senses when there is no power so it does not turn on.

. Gas stoves tend to cost more money so there is that and they need maintenance. I started with an electric and will die with an electric. Hydro power is low cost.

, I have gas heating and gas water tank in the basement but on the second level there is no gas for a stove, just electric.

. Microwaves are electric, and toasters, and popcorn makers.

. If I was out camping I would have a CAMPFIRE. using wood because that is the fire source that is the easiest to get ahold of.

• 6 months ago

Gas it's easier to adjust

• 6 months ago

I prefer gas.

Its cheaper.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Electric, even in areas where mains gas is available. I always thought it was strange how houses with gas furnaces and gas tumble driers so often had electric stoves. I don't know if US gas stoves have changed since I lived there but they seemed more complicated than the British ones. I remember cleaning them was so much fiddlier, plus there was a pilot light which makes a lot of people nervous about an ever present flame.

• C
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Okay, so I'm out of date! It was an impression that struck me strongly at the time. I agree that they aren't more dangerous.

• 6 months ago

By the numbers, there are probably more electric stoves being used in the US, but that doesn't tell the whole story about popularity. Fewer than half the homes in America have gas hookups, so regardless of their preference, gas stoves aren't an option for some people unless they want to install propane tanks. For a builder, electric is often the simplest option.

You'll find that gas stoves are preferred by most professional chefs. The heat is easy to regulate and the response is immediate. For that pan that's about to boil over, you turn off the gas, and the heat is gone. With electric, you have to remove the pan from the heat source. Gas works with all types of cookware. In most cases, the low cost of natural gas makes for lower energy bills...and it works even when the power goes out.

Alternately, Consumer Reports found that in their tests, electric stoves heated faster than gas and are easier to clean. Many people don't feel comfortable with an open flame in the kitchen, and the "induction" electric ranges are cool to the touch. Some also find that it's easier to "simmer" at low heat with electric. The cost of electricity is generally higher than gas.

All in all, it's a wash. People have preferences bases on availability and what they're used to.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You'd have to research the percentage of that yourself buddy.and eletric since it's more efficient

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.