Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

A question for theists: Why do you think God is real?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because He is, and there is a great deal of evidence to support that.

• 6 months ago

I have a relationship with him. It isn't one sided. Hasn't anyone introduced you to God?

• 6 months ago

I think so because of the Thomist argument for the existence of God utilizing the finite hierarchical order of contingent realities as elucidated by Bernard Lonergan, Robert Spitzer, and then Edward Feser. I think so because it is more mathematically probable for there to be a creator, than for us to even exist due to the cosmological constants in the universe. I think so because morals are objective. I think so because everything that begins to come into existence has a cause; and we have sound evidence that the universe began to come into existence. I think so because there is sound evidence that Jesus rose from the dead. I think so because my life seems to be guided by God through prayer.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

In the vast majority of cases because of childhood indoctrination.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

In the most general and philosophical sense

it's because the alternative

each "effect" preceded by some "cause"

infinitely into the "past"

with (therefore) an infinite number of causes and effects extending backward into the "past"

does not make as much sense to me as a "First Cause"

and some guiding intelligence.

I don't deny that such an infinite cause-and-effect chain is impossible.

It just doesn't seem as likely to me as the alternative.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Revelation.

I sought to know who God was... I sincerely and honestly searched for Him.... and He revealed Himself to me.

I was a seasoned age 42 at the time.

God promises that everyone who seeks Him with all their heart will find Him.

Because it is impossible for God to lie; if you haven't found Him, that only means one thing: you haven't wanted to look.

• Peter
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I'm here, I live and breathe and the planet provides everything I need to sustain my life. I believe God is my creator, as I haven't found any plausible alternative.

• David
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Henry has me blocked so I will answer here. Peter is absolutely correct....

• 6 months ago

For various reasons, but, bottom line: the existence of a Supreme Being is the most logical explanation for the universe.

@ TDers -- Okay, you explain it. Creation started with some random floating molecules? Where did the molecules come from? The universe is eternal? Eternity is a supernatural concept, as is infinity.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 6 months ago

I discovered that mankind has mistranslated the scriptures that make up the first five Books of The Bible due to our lack of scientific knowledge to properly interpret the advanced scientific knowledge and reasoning contained in this ancient Biblical text.

If this advanced scientific knowledge originated from the minds of the ancient Israelites mankind never would have mistranslated this scripture. So that now proves this advanced scientific knowledge originated from a non human scientific mind for humans to follow and that is why mankind mistranslated this scripture into the unscientific religious interpretations we still think they mean today. This scripture is unique and associated with the God of Abraham. Can't say the same about any other god or gods and the scriptures associated with them. All preplanned to happen that way by our Intelligent Designer.

Source(s): The God Yahweh our Intelligent Designer and the missing link in the chain of evolution.
  • 6 months ago

He did something at exactly to right time. It was just what I needed, and what I hoped for.

Since then I learned his prophesies to an extent to where whatever happens in the Middle East, it configures in and makes sense. It's not confusing to me.

God takes care of me in many ways.

And I understand if some people cannot understand, some people aren't supposed to, God doesn't want everybody.

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • Climate Realist
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

<'Something happened' and 'he did something' are very different scenarios.>

No, 'Something happened' and 'he did something' are just two ways of saying the same thing.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because I don't have any water in my bucket, or something.

Of course he is real, disease, poverty and warfare are all proof of that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.