Captain asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

Haven't worked out in 10 years, will I get early onset dementia now?

I have been reading about how important exercise is for brain health and preventing dementia. I'm 35 but feel like im 80. I have bad after images in my vision, depression, been to several doctors but our current technology is limited on detecting things early. It seems regions in the brain can atrophy without proper blood flow and oxygen from working out. My grandfather has dementia in his 80s, but I'm wondering if I already started the trigger for this and its too late. I mean, I will still start working out now, but if my hippocampus may already be shrunk by 10-20 percent and a few recent papers said neurogenesis is actually not even possible in adults, Did I set myself up for cognitive decline already?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • justin
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Oh, stop it. You're 35 years old. Lots of people don't work out. Donald Trump eats bad foods and doesn't work out, and he's just as much of an idiot now than he he was before. No worse! Go for walks, eat healthier, do some volunteer work, take up some hobbies that challenge you a little, travel, get a pet, in other words bring healthy changes into your life that make your brain work a little more. Even sleeping on the opposite side of your bed forces the brain to work. Learning a language forces the brain to work and develop new synapses. Your brain is okay and by the time you are in your 80s the treatments for dementia and Alzheimers will be much better than they are now.

• no it is not too late, but ease into the exercise after being dormant for so long.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I have never worked out in 72 years and am fully fit and my brain is fine.

There is a load of nonsense on

the internet. My old Mother smoked for 50 years never worked out, brain as sharp as a pin and lived to her late 80s.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Not at all - you can begin to work out now and start to reverse some of those issues. I normally find that working out stopped my depression as it gives you a focus point

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.