Does a landlord lose section 8 payment on all the units in apt complex if he refuses to fix just one apt fail inspection twice?

Yea its cosmetic a gap in the sheetrock.....water damagd

Depends on the violation, repeated failure to correct violation, etc. If it's a serious health hazard, they can de-certify a Section 8 landlord entirely.

• Flower

Yes, he can be kicked out of the Sec 8 program and that means everyone has to move unless they want to pay all the rent themselves. It could be your landlord wants to quit the program.

That is why you don't take section 8.

No. It takes much more than that to lose the right to accept Section 8. A failed inspection does not mean there is anything major. I have seen them fail a unit for cosmetic crap. The inspector in my area is ridiculously picky & a complete arshole.

Cosmetic crap typically will not lose you the contract. It should not even fail the unit unless you have an arshole inspector like ours. As long as the cause of the water damage is fixed then the cosmetic part shouldn't matter. Some of the inspectors expect units built in the 70s to look like new construction which is simply unreasonable.

No. In theory I guess the section 8 agency for the county could do that but I've never heard of it and I could see this creating major problems. I guess if the problem that was causing the fails was building wide, like bad water or pests or something; then its possible.

I don't believe so.

• Lolly

Each apartment is a separate contract.

No, but after 4 fires in 5 years andone or more tenants being hospitalized 5 months, the state DHS may take away DHS funding for that complex.

Reynolds Rental properties in central Oklahoma.