Had oral sex with a guy now I’m freaking out please help!?

Okay so I’m still a virgin but I recently had oral sex and the guy is on and off with his girlfriend so now I’m scared. I only did it once and this was the beginning of June so I’m not sure if it’s too soon to go get checked or if it’s too late. I did not know that you could get STDs through oral sex so I’m now a... show more Okay so I’m still a virgin but I recently had oral sex and the guy is on and off with his girlfriend so now I’m scared. I only did it once and this was the beginning of June so I’m not sure if it’s too soon to go get checked or if it’s too late. I did not know that you could get STDs through oral sex so I’m now a little worried if I’ve waited too long since I know Chlamydia and Gonorrhea often doesn’t have any symptoms. My question is how will my doctor check me for STDs? Will she do a swob test since I’ve never had sexual intercourse or will she still perform a vaginal scan as well? Also if I did have a STD is it really true that the health department will show up to my house? I live with my family and I really don’t want to freak them out or have them in my business so can someone please give me advice on this.
6 answers 6