Would a kind soul help me on this, I am depress?

I always had the idea that I may be depress but I was never properly diagnose to say I do. I grew up being abused and it took a toll on me. I became an emotional person and take things in personally. My self-esteem is rock bottom, my anxiety is sky rocketing, and I seem to be getting worse (mentally). I started self-harming since around the age of 14, I am now 23 yrs of age and I managed to stop of this year. I used to turn to alcohol but I managed to consume very very less now. Those I will say I improved on, but I feel it is because I became tired and numb and found no pleasure on turning to alcohol/cutting anymore.

Over a week now, I began to feel this heaviness on my health and seeing life. I now can’t go over an hour without thinking something negative about myself/and or my life. I can’t go over a day without crying, and I can’t go a night without feeling this hurt (that I am worthless, disgusting, and it is better that I stay like this.) I can’t seem to get help because I am hiding this secret from my family (long-story but they are just as dysfunctional). I am literally living each day like this and I know I am a failure because of this. The voice in my head is real. I hear God’s words but I seem to be failing at walking to His voice. I don’t know what to do.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

i’m so sorry for everything that’s happened to you :((( it’s good that you aren’t relying on things that physically harm you, but mentally you don’t seem to be at your best. you shouldn’t, and i shouldn’t, diagnose you. speak to a professional. if you can’t find or are restricted from finding a therapist in person, go to online counselling. i hope everything works out for you

• 6 months ago

ditto to 'm'

please go get professional help right away, whether or not you tell your parents (which you should)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.