Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

I don’t deserve to listen to Christian music or go to church because I sin too much. Your thoughts?

I gotta stop sinning

Best Answer

Well, lying and saying that you do not sin would be a worse state. There is only One who lived in the flesh perfectly and that is Jesus Christ. The rest of us depend on God's mercy and grace through Jesus Christ to keep His promise of forgiving us when we fall short and sincerely repent/apologize. He promises to blot them out of His mind. If we doubt that He keeps His promises, then we would need to repent, again, for that. It's kind of like a loved one does something that hurts you and then they sincerely apologize. And you think about it and realize the love you have is worth getting past the hurt, so you forgive them. But, every day that loved one reminds you of what they did that hurt you so much, that you are trying to forget and get on with life. Pretty soon, you're not going to have a relationship because that person cannot truly admit to themselves that they made a mistake, (everyone does), get past it, be grateful that you want to continue in the relationship, and remember what they did only to remember never to do it again. It's almost like they expected they are perfect and too good to sin. If they cannot forgive themselves, then that is a road block on the relationship.

1 John 1:4 KJV And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Luke 18:9 KJV And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men [are], extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified [rather] than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

2 Peter 3:9 KJV The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

"Jesus of Nazareth" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7c-XY695hk

Youtube thumbnail

Church may be just the right place for you to find yourself not sinning.

The more you listen to good Christian music and hear good sermons and testimoneys it should help you to stop sinning .

Now is the perfect time to listen to Christian music and to go to church. We need strengthening.

• Misty

Sin doesn't exist, don't let a fear based religion ruin your life.

You do a better job of it than I can do.

You make all christers look so stupid.

Please keep up the good work.

~

You gotta stop being blue . It's weird how Christianity gives so many people the blues

You don't know that the notion ' sin ' is a religious believer invention?

We always need to go for our desire ( large sense), at least as long as it doesn't hurt someone!

• So you say you know you are a sinner, huh? I doubt you are being honest. Forget church. Christ came precisely to save sinners. Are you too proud to come to him, receive forgiveness, and claim the gift of eternal life? You can do so in the privacy of your own room here and now.

• Lydia

The bible says it's a sin to brush your teeth.