Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

Kitten help?

I m getting a kitten soon. However, I m a bit nervous. I live with two special needs brothers and a dog that still is hyper. The kitten should be fine, as it ll stay away from them most the time. Now, my mom is scared because we had two cats that would pee all over my brothers clothes and such. Any tips or things that will help me make my kitten live happily and not be a troublemaker? (I understand kittens and cats do get into a bit of trouble, but trouble that isn t normal)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anna E
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I own cats and know people who own cats. People who claim their cats always use the litter box have just not found their cats secret peeing spot yet. All cats do this, especially if they find clothes, towels, etc thrown on piles on the floor.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

IMO I would not be bringing in any kitten to your household. With a hyper dog and a sibling with mental disabilities its not a good environment for any more pets. Please don't subject a poor kitten to your household. Kittens can get very frightened by the little things.

If I had kittens, I would not want to place a kitten with your household. Sorry.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Give it a cat highway, a series of small (usually carpeted) boards leading from near ground level up to human eye level or higher, somewhere a cat can go when they feel stressed or threatened that gets them up high and out of the way of the dog and your brothers. Its much less likely to mark its territory through urination if its got its own space where it feels safe, and cats are natural climbers.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You do not need any more animals in the house.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

So your planning on getting a kitten soon. You listed what the home life is like and that your previous cats peed every where and did not so nice things... did you ever wonder why they acted up and start peeing all over? Cats that are stressed and harassed, when they don’t feel safe and secure will mark territory and become destructive and sometimes aggressive especially towards their tormentors or the persons they are pest with. They seemed to have chosen your brothers. They must have hurt the cats or kept gong after them to get that type of reaction... nothing they did by accidentally couple times but a continual harassment or abuse. Did mom get rid of them or were they killed or died of old age.... now you have a hyper pup that will chase and help harass the kitten as well as your bothers.... are you that selfish too have it happen once again.? Why torture another animal, the kitten will be friendly and unable too run and hide because instead of going into a loving home, it’s going into a crazy unsettled home were there are many dangers ahead.

My brother was special needs, he also was sociopath and schizophrenic, when he could catch the cat swung it by the tail, picked it up and spun it by the hind leg, drop it in the toilet and gave it whirlees by trying to flush it down. He always said he was sorry but did it every time he caught Boots. The cat tolerated the abuse because he sensed my brother wasn’t right in the head. Never scratched just ran.... became the invisible cat by day pet by night. Mom and dad rehomed the cat before he turned two. Wasn’t fair to be tortured and be so afraid to come out. My brother cried on for months and kept promising her not to do it ever again, but when he went to say goodbye to Boots he tossed him down a flight of stairs to see if he landed on all four feet like they said on tv about cats always landing on their feet.

My brother had no idea had been hurting and terrifying the cat,,didn’t understand. Your brothers may have similar issues or something like it. You yourself stated the kitten would learn to avoid them.... your just cruel bringing in a baby animal and letting it Get chased,, harassed, hurt, hide out of fear of people just to stay alive. It’s pretty. Unforgettable but would you want to go to a home where people are yelling at you screaming at you hitting and throwing things against you so that you’re afraid to come out of your room? What would you think if your mom put you in a home that was Full of mean nasty people unfair if you want to not be hit and. Screamed at daily , physically, mentally and sexually abused, frightened and alone but mom justifies it by saying it’s a good home because it’s clean and you will have good toys... so what if you getting every couple days, you will learn to get used to it. No big deal.

Your mom stated she really didn’t want another cat, getting a kitten pretty much against her wishes is not fair to the kitten to have to hide and run in fear. It’s not an ideal life. If you want a cat wait till you’re of age, get a job, getting apartment and then you can have as many kittens and cats as you desire and they won’t be hurt by your brothers and they won’t strike back by peeing on things and acting up. Stop thinking of just yourself.

• 8 months ago

Shelters don't adopt out single kittens. Kittens need another kitten to play with. I also doubt they would allow these kittens around "hyper" which surely means "aggressive" and "untrained" dogs.

Stop thinking so selfishly. If your brother are special needs they may not understand when they're hurting a kitten and could easily injure or even kill one. Your mother also doesn't WANT another cat. She's got all of you to care for.

You're "getting a kitten soon"? No, you're not. Your mother doesn't WANT one. Grow up, get a job, move out and then get whatever pets YOU can afford to care for.

• 8 months ago

Make sure to play with it tons!

• Liar
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Then why the hell are you getting a kitten...? Your home isn't suitable at all.

• Attie8 months agoReport

I had a similar situation when I was younger. My cat was just fine and grew to love my family. It's just how they are treated and how aggressive their environment is. If their environment is super aggressive, then it's not at all and you're right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.