Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 7 months ago

The Yankees ruled the 20th century - which team will rule the 21st?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

The St.Louis Cardinals will rule the 21st century

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

The New York Yankees.

• 7 months ago

The team with the most money.

• 7 months ago

That's an extremely hard question, considering the 21st century has already had 12 different champions. If I had to take a random guess, I think I would go with the Astros because of their young talent. However, baseball is different now where players don't stay with teams for as long and money seems to be a much more prevalent part of players decisions on where they go, so I don't see any team ruling the 21st century. Maybe a team will rule a decade but that's all I've got.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Not according to the Mitchell Report.

So far San Fran and Boston have.

• How can anybody tell? We're only about 20 years in and have 80 years left. Are you asking for a prediction?

If so, f u c k it, I'll say the Chicago White Sox.

• 7 months ago

Free agency, waiver rules and the modern draft have eliminated some of the ways a team could put together a closed farm system and then keep a team together, as happened for much of the last century. I do not see any team being the 'Yankees of the 21st century'.

• ...Show all comments
    • curtisports2
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

...trade him, release him, or pray that no one claims him off of waivers' - like exists now. The Cardinals were the second-most successful franchise of the 20th century. Both their success and that of the Yankees came primarily BEFORE the dawn of free agency.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.