Is it really true that pressure washers can cut your skin? With just water pressure? I can't see that happening.?

• Joe

Absolutely. It happened to me. Now they call me Nine Fingers. Damn my curiosity !!!

Think of it this way: A pressure washer can splinter wood. Wood is harder than skin is. Therefore, yes a pressure washer can cut through your skin. You see, the operative word here is PRESSURE. There is quite a bit of pressure behind the water and that causes it to shoot out at a very high rate of speed. Think of how the wind can damage trees and that is just AIR.

Another example I will use is an apple. You can take an apple, which has a skin on it and is softer underneath. You can poke your finger through the skin into the apple's flesh, just by putting pressure on it with your finger. Same with a pressurized water and YOUR skin.

Yes they can. You have to realize most of them operate at 5,000 psi.

Why I scene a guy at a carwash lop off a dog's head with the pressure hose. Poor pooch!

Source(s): wc fields

Some of the fine nozzles (on pressure washers with separate nozzles) can bore a hole in concrete. Forcing water under the skin is a bad thing.

Yes, I think it's possible.

If you ever had one of those hose ends that your press with your fingers to make a strong stream like when you want to clean something, it hurts so much if you put it against the palm of your hand. You quickly pull your hand away because it hurts so much.

Now imagine a pressure washer which sprays water out 10 -20 times the force of that. That could cut your hands!

The Grand Canyon was formed from 'just water pressure'.

Ask anyone that lived in New Orleans in 2005 during Hurricane Katrina what 'just water pressure' can do.

The industrial for $2000 can almost do it but not the regular ones

It's a troll, folks - - - just look at his other stooopid questions......no one is that dumb.

Even domestic ones, particularly the higher pressure machines, certainly could do that if you were stupid enough to put the nozzle close to your skin. That's why the instructions sent out with them invariably advise, for the hard-of-thinking, not to do that.

Don't ever think that liquids under pressure don't do any harm. Industry uses high-pressure water to cut materials, including steel. Mechanics know, or should, that the output of a fuel injector can force fuel under the skin.