Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 months ago

why dont they sterilize convicted child predators or serial rapists as an alternative to jail time?

this is assuming there would be years of house arrest/ankle monitor and probation as well.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

It'd be better to cut off their d*cks instead.

• 6 months ago

Because being impotent, unable to produce sperm, is unrelated to those crimes.

• 6 months ago

Assuming by sterilize you mean vasectomy. This would not be a good route compared to locking someone in a concrete prison for years. Giving them the ability to not reproduce but still able to use there penis would be a perverted blessing for them. IMO i say death penalty is a good way to put a stop to it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Won't work. Once a predator always a predator. The news is filled with stories of sexual predators with prior convictions assaulting children.

We have normal sexual impulses (I hope we do), and we project that on the way we think sexual predators do- that is the mistake, They have a different brain with different impulses, so even without sexual urges they will still prey and commit violent acts. "Chemical castration" and other measures will only give THEM (and maybe some naive people) the pretension of being less dangerous when they are not.

There is one and only one solution to pedophiles- making certain they never have access to children. If that means life in prison, so be it. Personally I'd just take them out and shoot them

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

If they are convicted it means they did a crime which is why prisons exist. Those particular crimes are very heinous ones that caused physical harm to their victims and a lengthy prison sentence is more than justified in my opinion. As for sterilization I agree that it should be part of the conditions imposed on them in order to rejoin society after serving their time in prison.

Edit* as the other poster said, you mean castration not sterilization. Sterilization just means that you can’t create children whereas castrations means you cannot function sexually. Also they chemically castrate people with medication, it doesn’t literally mean chopping their genitals off.

• 💜
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Because that’s not enough punishment for those crimes. He deserves prison time

• 6 months ago

Sterilizing them won't change their desires, you're thinking of castration. If you're going to join the conversation at least have the basic facts correct.

Lv 6
    6 months ago

I think they should be steilized as well as serve jail time, but only if they are proven to be 100% guilty.

• Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Getting easier with DNA. Usta be all Blacks got life for rape of black woman, often no proof. White men didn't get life for raping a black woman, No..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.