Bryan asked in Dining OutFast Food · 6 months ago

I have a tax exempt question?

I have 2 jobs. One is delivering pizza. I have a lot of write offs. Can I claim exempt at my other hob?

Your only tax exempt if you own a store & resell stuff .

Source(s): Duh
  • Erik

I also deliver pizzas, and have two jobs. My advice to you is to find an independent tax preparer, who can help you save hundreds of dollars. Don't go it alone.

No. You don't have ANY write offs unless you are an independent contractor with the pizza delivery and will be filing a business tax return. Deductibility of employee business expenses is gone and anything you could deduct would be eaten up in your $12,000 standard deduction.

If that is self-employment income, you cannot claim exempt on a W-4 at another job. If the pizza job is just a second job and you get a W-2 for it, you can only claim exempt on a W-4 if you are certain that you will not earn more than $12,000 for the year (the standard deduction amount. Claim exempt and you are not and you can be penalized up to $500.

You learned ZIP in 10 months.

I have a tax question?

I was just wondering if someone delivers pizza for a living & if that someone finances a new or used car & they use it for deliveries, can they write of the payments on their taxes?

15 answers · Other - Taxes · 10 months ago

Probably not. Theoretically, it's not impossible, but it's unlikely.

• R

You can claim anything you want. If you end up having more taxes withheld than your owe, then you will get a refund. If you have too little withheld, then you will have to pay at tax time.

If it is a job where you are an employee (w-2), you won't have any writeoffs.

Trump changed the rules.

Between both jobs you want a total of 2 allowances. You can put 1 and 1, 0 and 2 or 2 and zero.

Under no circumstances can you claim exempt on one job. (The only exception is if your total income for all jobs is less than $12,200.)