Rachel asked in PetsBirds · 6 months ago

Can a cockatiel live right next to rats?

So, I'm getting a cockatiel, and I know they get dust everywhere, and I know rats don't do well with dust. The bird cage is currently right next to the rat cage, and I'm just wondering if I should move it or not, cause I have never had cockatiels before, so I'm not sure HOW much dust they get everywhere. And It wont be a problem moving it, I'd just have to rearrange my whole room to do it (I'm not being sarcastic, I have a small room so its seriously not a big deal, It will just take a while to do)

Id say rearrange, my cockatiel doesn't produce a crazy amount of dust but each can be different and it will most likely increase as it gets older. I would still be careful though as i am not sure how a cocketiel would react to seeming rats, it may scare them.

• Rachel6 months agoReport

Thanks, I'll do that. Now that I have my cockatiel, I see that rearranging is the best idea. He doesn't make TOO much dust, but I just want to be safe.