What does one need to see what's playing on a laptop,... transferred on a tv screen ?

I have a couple of flicks on a flash drive & I lent it to my pop but he only wants to watch them on his wide screen TV, while laying on the couch.

What gizmo do I need ??

Favorite Answer

I use an HDMI cable to connect my TV to my laptop. Many HDTVs have VGA connections as well but this is analog. Digital connections like HDMI are best.

You can also use Chrome cast but you are at the mercy of your internet connection. I tried it and constantly got buffering.

Using hard wire is the way to go

• Lv 7

hdmi cable to tv

If both TV and laptop have HDMI, that is the best choice. You simply plug one end into the cable to your laptop's HDMI output and the other end into the TV's HDMI input. You then change the input on the TV to the number of the HDMI input you just plugged in and it should display the laptop's screen.