Is laundry water turning brown when washing whites and letting them soak normal ?

In the past I would throw my white clothing into top loading washer let it go through normal wash cycle of 30 minutes. Today I decided since three of my dress work shirts were stained I would let them sit and soak. I used Tide, Bleach, Oxi-clean . I let it sit around 4 hours I went to check them and noticed the... show more In the past I would throw my white clothing into top loading washer let it go through normal wash cycle of 30 minutes. Today I decided since three of my dress work shirts were stained I would let them sit and soak. I used Tide, Bleach, Oxi-clean . I let it sit around 4 hours I went to check them and noticed the water was turning brown. Unfortunately this is public washer so I had to let it finish the cycle on its own because had it been my own private washer I would of drained the water and started the process over. The dress white work shirts came out cleaner than I have even seen them before.