Am I legally responsible if I sent my landlord a check for the rent but they don't cash it?

I am renting a family owned property, and the landlord is the mother of the person who manages the property and I have to send a check for the rent in the mail every month to the mother. I sent a check at the end of May for June rent payment, and a few days ago I noticed that the money for the rent was still in my... show more I am renting a family owned property, and the landlord is the mother of the person who manages the property and I have to send a check for the rent in the mail every month to the mother. I sent a check at the end of May for June rent payment, and a few days ago I noticed that the money for the rent was still in my bank account and had not been pulled out as it would when the check had been cashed. At this point I contacted the property manager, who determined that her mother had received the check, but she was in Florida and had not cashed it but they told her to cash it. However, I checked my bank account again today, and the rent money is still in my account. Moreover, there has been at least one instance in the past where I sent the check and it had not been cashed after so long and they did not cash it until after I reminded the property manager that it had not been cashed. So my question is simply can I be held legally responsible for not paying the rent if I told the property manager that I sent the rent check and she confirmed that it had been received but it never got cashed? I don't know if they will end up cashing it or trying to cash it later this month, but what happens after this month is over and I have to send a new rent check? Could they still try to cash the old check at that point and would I still be responsible?
Update: Keep in mind that I messaged the property manager on facebook asking her if the check was received and have their response in writing in facebook messenger. If necessary I can save or make a copy of this, but I would need to know how to go about doing this.