Can't feel heartbeat through chest?

A couple weeks ago I got into an incident that involved my heart rate to rocket, and all I could feel and hear was the rapid beats and palpitations. Ever since then I've been weary, anxious, and obsessed with my heart. I keep thinking something is going to happen to me if I don't keep tabs. I've even... show more A couple weeks ago I got into an incident that involved my heart rate to rocket, and all I could feel and hear was the rapid beats and palpitations. Ever since then I've been weary, anxious, and obsessed with my heart. I keep thinking something is going to happen to me if I don't keep tabs. I've even downloaded a heart rate monitor on my phone, I've been to the doctor's and my rate is normal... But my mind keeps hanging onto the fact that I can't "feel" my heart in my chest. I feel pulses, but when there are times when I feel nothing at all, I begin to panic and think I'm going to die because of the emptiness.

Do you feel your heartbeat in your chest? Is it normal not to? Help me, I'm driving myself insane.