Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 months ago

I saw a dog owner pick up a dog and give him a drink from a public water fountain,from now on I carry my own water, it's totally gross,agree?

No. Humans have more germs than dogs. Their saliva kills bacteria.

actually, I have heard that a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans mouth - because of the spacing between the teeth.

• Ocimom

Oh come on - you honestly think people carry no germs? I would not want to drink from a public water fountain in the first place - we carry bottled water. Most public water fountains are warm and the water tastes yucky.

Look if you gotta drink you gotta drink. It’s better than Africa. At least they’re grateful for water

• Hannah

Public water fountains are gross either way. Water bottle is the best way to go. 👍

Actually there's a park downtown in my city that has water fountains for people and then down below there's one for your dog, you use your foot to turn it on. I thought that was pretty cool.

Definitely, no more gross than a person drinking from it. Less gross, actually, as a thought.

• 💜

A dog drinking from the fountain is a deal breaker for you, but you’re fine with drinking after hundreds of random strangers from the fountain?

• DEBS

Not any grosser than all the little kid's sucking on it.

Nope, he knew his dog was thirsty too. I think it's cute.

Yes extremely disgusting in my opinion