Beach bonfire, charcoal only, need advice?

Hi there,

So I m planning on having a little get together this Friday with some friends on a local beach where we re allowed to have bonfires. I got the permit and it says only charcoal allowed in a hole dug in the sand.

I have no experience with using charcoal to make a bonfire, I m only used to cooking with it.

Does anyone have experience with this? Especially in a beach setting? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Lighting a Bonfire on a beach can cause a hazard to ship.

Because it can look like ether a warning light, A hazard light navigation light or a vessel in trouble if lit at night after dark.

That is why one your requested to dig a fire pit and only use charcoal.

As Flames are also a distress signal

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Charcoal doesn't make a big fire, a bonfire or campfire, it only burns really hot. If you've cooked with charcoal you know how it works. And you probably understand why you don't use wood in a charcoal grill.

The beach wants to restrict you to a cooking fire, not a bonfire. Maybe (I'm guessing) bonfires can get out of hand. Kids will pile more and more fuel on them to get them bigger and bigger--and you can't do that with charcoal. And charcoal doesn't have burning cinders flying off it that can start more fires.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Nope nope nope nope

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.