Thalia asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

At home exercises that actually make you lose weight?

Let's face it. Staying fit and healthy is hard. Gym memberships are stupid expensive, and half the time the weather outside is close to killing you or blowing you away. So my question is, I'm trying to keep off pounds and at least try to build some area of muscle, so what are some exercises at home (that actually work!) I could do to accomplish this?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Pushups, Handstand Pushups, Chinups, Bodyweight Squats, HIIT cardio

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Are you looking to invest in equipment? If not, you can walk or run outside. Inside, you can do pushups, squats, crunches, and bridges. You can also invest in hand weights and resistance bands that are fairly cheap to increase the difficulty. You may also want to look into exercise DVDs for home use. Start with those aimed at beginners and then work your way up. Having someone create a routine and show you how to do it on DVD can be really helpful for beginners.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I like to point out how protestors talk about the cops and being arrested. "Oh my god, I was put in handcuffs and taken to the station, then, they asked me questions!" The point being, if it was that new and shocking for you, you've never been arrested, thus cops are not a problem in your life.

You said the same thing. You're making it sound so hard, talking yourself out of it. It's pretty hot today where I am but it's supposed to be a high of 62 and drippy in a few days. If you are on the south pole station, they have a gym. A comercial gym is only about $250/year or $30/month. I'm sure your phone bill is $70/month. There's a perfect fix. Instead of standing still and texting, go to the gym and get a $10/month flip phone from the gas station. There is no need to look at pictures of dresses and cake or watch tv while walking to your car. You'll survive the 17 seconds in the real world.

As for exercise, you can jog in place, do pushups, do burpees, jumping jacks, so sit ups off the side of the couch, follow a Youtube yoga or dance class, do dips in the corer of the countertops while your coffee is brewing, walk on your lunch break. Make that your staring at your phone time, watch out a car! There's a million ways to be active without joining a gym, but there are also a million ways to find $30/month to join one. Kill 2 birds with one stone; instead of getting a $7 Starbucks and a $12 sandwich every day, get a big sack of baloney and a giant loaf of bread. For $8 you'll have lunch for the month and save $200 and 900,000 calories.

• Will
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Good god you sound whiney. Gym memberships are only too expensive if you don't make the most out of it. If you go to the gym once a week, obviously $20 or more is too much. If you go every day or at least every other day and bust your *** off with commitment, that's a damn good value. The weather is too much to exercise in? Again, what a whiney weenie. Your problem is not what you complained about, but rather your attitude and commitment to what you want. And here you are asking for advice about the cheapest way out. You likely won't commit to home exercises either if you can't even handle going out for a run just because it's raining, windy, snowing, or 80°.

In regards to home exercises. They all work if you know what you're doing. With the proper reps and sets you will build muscle. I can't really suggest any exercises since I don't know what areas you are trying to target. Stuff that will burn calories are jumping jacks, mountain climbers, burpees, jumping back and forth over an object, jump rope, and shadow boxing.

Source(s): Staying fit and healthy is not hard. It only is if you are lazy, have bad dieting habits, and/or are a weenie who gives up easily.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ron
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

A high quality rowing machine or stepper

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.