Has anyone ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was offered before dinner?

I was at a wedding last year and the couple cut the cake before dinner. The servers brought the cake to the tables. I love cake so much so I ate it first before dinner. The other people for the most part left the cake untouched until after dinner. I like dessert at anytime of day. Sometimes I order dessert first at... show more I was at a wedding last year and the couple cut the cake before dinner. The servers brought the cake to the tables. I love cake so much so I ate it first before dinner. The other people for the most part left the cake untouched until after dinner. I like dessert at anytime of day. Sometimes I order dessert first at restaurants. The servers look at me funny but that is what I like to do.