Has anyone ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was offered before dinner?

I was at a wedding last year and the couple cut the cake before dinner. The servers brought the cake to the tables. I love cake so much so I ate it first before dinner. The other people for the most part left the cake untouched until after dinner. I like dessert at anytime of day. Sometimes I order dessert first at restaurants. The servers look at me funny but that is what I like to do.

Favorite Answer

I was offered a beautiful chocolate wedding cake piece at a wedding last Saturday. Normally when I see a piece of cake or other dessert, I eat it right then. Dinner was Italian themed with pastas and pizzas. I love pasta so much. I decided for once to eat dinner first then dessert. My friend at her piece before dinner. The cake tasted good after eating my entree. My friend and many others ate dessert first but not me.

• Wedding Cake6 months agoReport

I would have taken a taste of it first then eat the main course.

I have not but I went to Sprinkles Cupcakes before dinner last week at Disney World at Disney Springs. I had the red velvet cupcake and it is so delicious. Thanks Candace

• denise

No, not before the wedding meal,, I've been to a wedding where they came round with the cake in slices during the evening, well after the meal.

Traditionally, the cake [a royal iced fruit cake] was sliced, wrapped and distributed to the guests after the wedding day [maybe a week or so].

I've been married a long time and we waited until coming home from Honeymoon [2 weeks]. All the cake portions were wrapped, labelled and I added a thank you cards for presents e.t.c.

These days wedding cakes are made of sponge & fondant, which is more perishable, so giving it out on the day / night makes more sense to have it fresh.

Hello!

Well, no. However, once I was at a wedding and they served the cake while I was having dinner. I was quite full at the time and was still eating, so I took only a very small piece of cake and kept it for later. There is nothing wrong with cutting the cake before dinner though. It is the bride and groom’s special day. They can celebrate however they want to.

• Janet

No, but anyone can have their wedding celebration however THEY want it.

Common decency and kindness are expected, but nothing else has to be done any particular way.

Well I've never heard of a cake kink before, but hey, to each his/her/their own.

• Never heard of that. But I could understand it if they had a bunch of people who had to leave early or a lot of kids in attendance who would be going to bed before the normal after dinner cutting time. I'd have eaten it first too!

😄

No................