Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

What is a typical cost in the US to change a gas line for a gas stove/oven to a new electrical outlet for a possible electrical stove?

Basically to change from gas power to electrical power in a house? There are currently 3 gas pipes in the house. 2 are for ovens, and 1 is for a dryer.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It may cost around $300-350

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

Gas line has nothing to do with the electric. What it costs is largely dependent on the capacity of your existing system and how far the heavy duty cable needs to be run. You need to get a couple of estimates from a local electrician.

• 8 months ago

In newer houses "Both" are provided behind the gas stove you might see a strange looking wall receptacle that's already wired for 220volts your new stove needs. An electrician would install a line for about $250 to $500

• 8 months ago

I would guess about $2500 to $4000

btw, most people want a gas stove.

I personally use Induction which is electrical and LOVE it.

• LOL what kind of a guess is that? That's outrageous and so totally wrong and if you would have written $2500-2800 some schmuck would have believed it, but you wrote $2500-4000? HAHAHA WOW

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

You DON'T. The normal procedure is to turn off the line and cap it. Installing an electrical circuit is a totally separate issue and the cost depends on how far the site is from the panel, and ease of accessing the path of the wire.

In my condo, the panel is in the basement and about 6 feet from where the wire goes through the kitchen floor.

At least half the cost of replacing the circuit would be the minimum fee the electrician charges just to show up.

• In
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It is hard to put a price on the job without knowing where you are or what degree of difficulty there is in running a new 240 volt 50 amp circuit. You may need to have an electrical service upgrade to supply enough electricity, which can cost anywhere from $800 to $3000, again depending on degree of difficulty. Get threes quote from local electricians before deciding who to choose. One question I have for you is why you would want to switch from gas to electric to start with? Gas is the superior energy source, and unless the price in your area has gotten prohibitively high, you are better off sticking with it.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Three WRITTEN quotes. The guy who waves his hands around and spouts a number has not given you a quote.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.