Will drinking/getting drunk when I’m underage affect me when I grow older?

Would getting drunk on one occasion affect my brain development or anything like that? I’m fourteen and I wasn’t sure whether anything bad would happen from it.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

No. One time drinking will not affect your brain in any noticeable way - UNLESS you drink and insane amount and get alcohol poisoning. Do not do that!!

• 5 months ago

Yes even a single drinking session will cause both brain and liver damage which is Extremely Harmful!

• 5 months ago

Yestsd my fruemd thats rightt

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

i think so, it could damage the brain and the body and the internal organs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • In
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Underage drinking will have a detrimental effect on your future. If you do it once you will do it again, and you will eventually get in trouble with the law. Potential employers do not look favorably on an arrest record.

• 5 months ago

Yes.

Getting drunk causes brain damage no matter how old you are. Starting early, the cumulative brain damage when you are older will be significant.

You are also starting bad habits very early.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes. Drinking when the brain is forming can cause brain damage. You will end up the dumb adult that can't think or remember as well as everyone else.

• 5 months ago

it could ruin your liver so i would quit drinking now

• Anonymous5 months agoReport

I’ve never done it I was just wondering if doing it once would do anything

• 5 months ago

The earlier you start, the more likely you are to get addicted and become an alcoholic. Also, alcohol kills brain cells, and your brain is still developing. At 14, it's not a good idea.

• 5 months ago

Missing out is the worst thing that could happen. I use to be a drunk before God changed me 

! Corinthians 6

9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11And such were some of you:

Galatians 5

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes it will so think before you do it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.