Can anyone provide a list of foods that supply vitamins for decreasing cardiovascular disease related to the heart and blood vessels?

• Louis

I kind of think you need to reverse your thinking. To improve cardio health you need to avoid certain foods.

And no big surprise here, those are foods that contain sat fat and cholesterol.

People will tell you that those two things are important nutrients. And they are right. But our bodies are capable of making all the sat fat and cholesterol we need. We DO NOT need to eat any. And this is the take away: the American diet contains too much of both.

Two foods that are commonly represented as health foods is dairy and eggs. But they are not. They both contain too much sat fat and cholesterol.

I eat a plant-based diet. On a typical day, I consume 1600 calories and 0 cholesterol. And as little as 5 grams of sat fat (and almost 0 trans fat).

Studies on rats have shown an almost immediate reaction to just removing dairy.

For more info go check out the book "How Not To Die" by Dr. Gregar.