Can I just throw out my air conditioner? The only thing connected to the house is a (brass?) pipe leading to my heater, what is that for?

I moved into a house that was bank owned for almost 3 years. That was 3 years ago. So the AC unit has been sitting there for 6 years doing nothing. It looked like it was opened up before I bought the house. I really want the thing gone but I don't know how to uninstall one.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The "brass" pipe is probably the copper lineset that is connected to your condensing unit outside to your evaporator coil inside your furnace plenum.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I would not consider throwing it away. Usually they are AC technicians that will come out to your house and do free estimates. I would try to salvage the central AC unit if I could. It's way smarter. Do you know how many people would kill to have a central AC unit? I hope you know Central AC units are not cheap. If there is a chance that you could fix one for a couple thousand or less I would definitely do that. Central AC units are really good investment and if you bought a house and want to really take care of it which I'm sure you do then having a central AC unit will keep your things inside of the house nice and cool during the Spring and Summer preserving your furniture. A central AC unit will also provide heat for you in the fall and winter months. It seems like a real waste to get rid of something that costs people 12-20 thousand brand new. Im sure you want your spouse and children comfortable with central air. Please don't be foolish. Look into keeping it.

• skahappens8 months agoReport

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0d/e3/5d/0de35d6b613cb1390f2975a76c8982f2.jpg

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

There should be copper lines from the outdoor unit to the hair handler. An HVAC company will charge you to remove the freon . . . . then sell it to others for a fortune.

• 8 months ago

depends on who owns the house, i would find out first before you get rid of it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.