Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentInternational Organizations · 6 months ago

What benefit will the UK get out of negotiation with the EU on WTO rules?

How will Britain possibly be in a stronger negotiation position with the EU after a Hard Brexit? It’s not like the UK can stay on WTO terms for long

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe a general election is the only reasonable solution with another referendum, the referendum should have 3 options, No-deal Brexit, Deal Brexit or No Brexit.

There's no way the brexiteers could ever come to agree with either sides, so the no breixt wll surely win the referendum.

• Michael
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

We won the referendum. We won the referendum We won the referendum, Goody goody.How stupid can one get,we are still in the EU, Bozos.No the referendum was the biggest ball-up ever.First,It was no-deal was better that a bad deal, now it's any-deal is better than a no-deal, hypocrites.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Lots of benefit in it,

• 6 months ago

None.

WTO rules are nothing more than a foundational structure on which you can begin to build a Trade Deal.

That means we’d be starting from scratch.

That means we’d be falling far behind all our competitors while we re-negotiate everything.

In the meantime, the Irish peace process could disintegrate.

The Scots would go all out for a Second Independence Referendum. The Welsh as well.

The global markets would sodomise our currency making all imports super expensive, especially oil.

USA would have us over a barrel in a trade deal, forcing us to take GM foods and replacing NHS with an Insurance system.

The cost of servicing UK debt, which is already astronomical, would sky-rocket..... Leading to less tax receipts forcing major cuts in benefits.

The UK credit rating would be automatically down-graded.

We would lose Gibraltar as Spain would re-assert their sovereignty.

Three million Brits living in EU would be down-graded to second-class migrant citizens.

IT’S STUPID. IT’S SUICIDAL and it’s NOT the solution to UKs problems.

We need to revoke Article 50.

We need to be brutally honest with ourselves about where our real problems lie and deal with them.

• Michael
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Well,that's the good part,now what about the bad bit? "Brits living in EU would be down-graded to second-class" I think that you will find that those Brits that have worked in the EU will remain EU citizens with the right to move freely within the EU.

• 6 months ago

No benefit whatsoever. It's so obvious that staying in the EU gives the UK a big advantage in terms of economy of scale.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

WTO rules are nothing to do with the EU.

• Ludwig
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

You cannot negotiate from a position of subservience.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Remoaners, you lost, get over it.

• hungryjoe
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Jimbo, I'm talking to Boris and his mates - not the semi-senile numpties who voted for Brexshit!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

None, if that happens then the EU can dictate the terms.

• Michael
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

They have already stated on what terms that they will trade with the UK on and that won't change.So we take it, or we crash-out.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No benefit whatsoever. We voted to make ourselves poorer and weaker. We are a nation of idiots

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

There is no benefit to any form of Brexit. Time to cancel it and tell the gammon if they don’t like it they can do one.

adam, you weren’t listening. I don’t care if you have an opinion or a question, just do one.

Clearly, you didn’t stop listening because you read and responded to the second part. And I said “gammon” not “gammons”. You can’t even get that right.

• 6 months agoReport

I stopped listening when you said gammons

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.