Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

My husband would rather wear husbands silicone wedding ring than the one I purchased for him.?

I know a wedding ring isn’t really that important but my husband would rather wear his silicone wedding band before he wears the ring that I spent tons of money on. It makes me feel a bit uneven. I asked him why he still wears it and he basically said “ a ring is a ring at least I’m wearing something” but why would you rather wear a 3$ ring over the nice ring that I purchased you? I know someone is going to say my argument is stupid but had I known he wasn’t going to wear it I would’ve saved my money or purchased something less expensive. I mean I literally went broke buying this ring.

Btw he use to work at a job that basically told them that jewelry isn’t allowed and told them to purchase a silicone band if they want to wear their wedding band. The job he worked at manufactured cars and they’ve basically didn’t want them scratching the cars up with their jewelry. That’s where all of this started. But he doesn’t work there anymore and hasn’t worked there in months.

Oh grow the fcku up.

Has it occurred to you that because he's worn the silicone one that that's the one he has an attachment to, that that's the one he thinks of as his wedding ring? It's certainly familiar and comfortable to him.

It's really his decision which ring to wear (or to wear one at all). Leave him alone.

Ok you need to tell him to seriously re-evaluate is attitude first off. His response to you was barbaric. “At least I’m wearing one”...

you do have grounds to be angry because I would be too! I mean honestly if I was you (this is just me though) I would stop wearing my wedding ring all together until he put his original ring back on. But I’m petty so.

I would also explain to him how you spent so much money on it and it means something to you that he wears it. It’s not an unreasonable request. He should definitely be understanding.

Source(s): 21 and on my third year of marriage
    • Trivial One

Sorry, but she doesn't get to decide for him. He is entitled to his wishes and desires and is not obligated to do what she has decided he should do, especially when it makes absolutely no difference.

• i + i

You are so very wrong to think that

the cost of the ring makes it somehow

more "significant". Comfort and safety

are very important, especially if he

works with his hands and/or with

electrical or heavy equipment.

• Lv 7

sometimes aesthetics beat pricetag.

• stan l

If I had a wife dumb enough to post her "Dear Abbey BS" on a computer software site, I'd divorce her!

I didn't know wedding rings were so expensive. I don't like wearing jewellery myself. He might feel the silicone is more comfortable. Anyway, some guys just don't wear a wedding band. Prince William doesn't wear his.

I was a military electrician for 37 years, and we weren't ALLOWED to even wear watches, much less rings ............

1) It is dumb to go broke for jewelry.

2) Not everyone likes to wear jewelry. I've been married 27 years and I don't even HAVE a ring. I would never wear it. And I'm FEMALE.

3) His body, his choice.

4) Since he never wears it, ask him if he minds if you sell it. It sounds like you could use the money since you "literally went broke" to buy it.

??????????