Sleep paralysis or out of body experience??

Not been in the best mental state recently and fell asleep last night a bit disturbed. Anyway I start dreaming normally and then all of a sudden I feel awake in my room, but the only difference is it’s pitch black outside (like a void of nothingness) and sounds very windy like a storm and my window is wide open... show more Not been in the best mental state recently and fell asleep last night a bit disturbed. Anyway I start dreaming normally and then all of a sudden I feel awake in my room, but the only difference is it’s pitch black outside (like a void of nothingness) and sounds very windy like a storm and my window is wide open (fell asleep with blinds shut and window closed) anyway I got up to close it and then it felt as if I was being dragged and thrown about my room, I got thrown into the chair in my room and then against my cupboard and at this point I sort of float up and can see myself asleep across the room. Anyway I managed to regain control in my ‘dream’ and told myself I must be having sleep paralysis (at this point I am aware within my dream that I am not awake) I floated back to my body and as soon as I ‘got back in’ my whole body immediately shook and I woke up. After this I had an intense feeling of fear and that I was being watched so I burrowed myself into my duvet and fell back asleep. Anyone know what this could be / could mean???? Apart from the weird presence I felt dragging me about (I couldn’t see it) I really want to try and do this again and regain control! But not sure what has happened or if it is something I should worry about!
5 answers 5