Sleep paralysis or out of body experience??

Not been in the best mental state recently and fell asleep last night a bit disturbed. Anyway I start dreaming normally and then all of a sudden I feel awake in my room, but the only difference is it’s pitch black outside (like a void of nothingness) and sounds very windy like a storm and my window is wide open (fell asleep with blinds shut and window closed) anyway I got up to close it and then it felt as if I was being dragged and thrown about my room, I got thrown into the chair in my room and then against my cupboard and at this point I sort of float up and can see myself asleep across the room. Anyway I managed to regain control in my ‘dream’ and told myself I must be having sleep paralysis (at this point I am aware within my dream that I am not awake) I floated back to my body and as soon as I ‘got back in’ my whole body immediately shook and I woke up. After this I had an intense feeling of fear and that I was being watched so I burrowed myself into my duvet and fell back asleep. Anyone know what this could be / could mean???? Apart from the weird presence I felt dragging me about (I couldn’t see it) I really want to try and do this again and regain control! But not sure what has happened or if it is something I should worry about!

• Jahal

Run a camera the next time you go to sleep, to capture the shenanigans. Some people are accused of committing crimes after they've been asleep, deeply. Make sure you weren't going somewhere or doing something untoward. The tossing and violent movement is concerning.

REM is a sleep stage when much active dreaming occurs. ... The paralysis that is typically confined to REM sleep spills over to other sleep stages—and if you wake, you become aware of your body's paralysis, and the frightening feeling of being unable to move or to speak. Sleep paralysis may also include hallucinations.Out of body experiences (OBEs or OOBEs) involve the vivid sensation of moving outside your physical body and sometimes traveling far beyond it. OBEs are most likely to occur when you are asleep, meditating or practicing wake-induced lucid dream exercises.

• Rich

Yes, this was 100% a sleep paralysis, and worse than usual.

The demon in the room had some legal right to attack you more aggressively than it happens normally.

Look, I am a seasoned born again Christian and I can help you.

1) You need to make sure you are truly born again. Going to church does not make you a Christian. You need to sincerely repent of your sins and develop a relationship with Jesus Christ. I do not know you, so I am not sure where you stand. So please say the following prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I repent of all my sins and I ask you to wash me clean. I am sorry for all the dumb things I have done and the many times I broke God's Will. Please forgive me and fill me with the gift of the Holy Spirit. I want to belong to God. I want to be adopted into his family as his child. Come into my heart. I give you control over my life. Please lead me through the Holy Spirit and make your Word real to me. Fill my soul with the peace that surpasses understanding and help me change so that I may lead a life that is pleasing to you. I want to go to heaven and I want to be called by the Fathers name. As of today I declare that I belong to you, and I want to ask you for wisdom and guidance. In the name of Jesus, I ask you to set me free from this demonic activity". Amen

And then talk to Jesus Christ every day like you would talk to a friend...and ask him to help you be free.

2) Now, to solve this problem you need to understand that such an evil spirit needs a legal right to get into your house. You need to figure out what that is...maybe you watched ghost programs on TV, do you have a vampire book in your room, maybe someone gave you a Ouija board as a present? I know of someone who started seeing an evil spirit after their received a calendar with fake God's, I know of someone else who had this problem after playing the Ouija board.

Understand that bringing anything into your house, or watching or listening to anything that God has called "cursed" gives these evil spirits an automatic legal right to come inside - even if someone else brought it into the house. This demon that is harassing you has a right to come inside.

Buy the book "Spiritual Housecleaning" from Alice Smith and go over it carefully and try to figure out what gave this spirit the right to come. Whatever that "thing" is...it has to get out of your house. Ask Jesus and the holy Spirit for help too. They can show you what it is...

3) Demons cannot stand Jesus and any worship music for Jesus. They flee from that, and it attracts the angels of the Lord. Stop playing any secular music as you may have some that is giving this demon a right to come, and listen only to Christian worship music. Buy some DVD's (Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, listen to Christian radio klty.com and also put it on at night if you are scared.

4) Jesus dealt with demons. Those evil spirits are not scared or intimidated by anything humans can do. Not even guns can hurt them. So you need to learn from Jesus how to resist them..

When Satan tempted Jesus he always responded with "It is written" and quoted the Word of God. The ONLY thing that causes evil to flee is the Word of God. It is a sword in the spiritual realm that causes evil spirits great harm. So you need a series of scriptures on paper right next to your bed, and if this evil spirit comes back you need to take authority and say "It is written...." You need to find the scriptures yourself using a Bible concordance, but here are some examples from the top of my head:

"get thee away from me devil, for I have been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb and you have no right over me. It is written He whom the Son sets free is free indeed"

" I command you, in the name of Jesus Christ, to leave this room and this house. It is written that greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world"

"Father, I plead your protection under Psalm 91 over my life. It is written that you would command your angel to encamp around me if we love you. I ask you Lord to send down your angels to cast this demon into the abyss, and I thank you in advance, My Lord, for setting me free. I give you all the glory!!"

You will have to talk loud and forceful,a and you may have to repeat these several times. Evil spirits don't leave easily, they hate to leave, so envision an argument with someone. take authority and KICK him out of your house - but

a. you can only do that if Jesus is truly inside of you - have to be born again - otherwise this demon will get angry and attack back. He can't do that if he sees Jesus inside of you.

b. he doesn't have to leave if the "thing" that gave him the legal right is still in your house. So clean up your house. Watch the games, music, books and TV shows as I bet you it is in one of these groups.

If you follow ALL of these steps your life will change dramatically for the good and you will be set free by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of God. It works.

Get saved. That demon can come back anytime. Only Jesus Christ has the power to cast it away.

Make sure Jesus Christ is inside of you. Repent of your sins and give him your life today!!!

• NONAME

definitely 100% sleep paralysis and yes an out of body experience...most people seem to be too afraid to move but you actually woke up outside your body....which from what i have learned...is unusual......and most people usually respond to a shadowed figure, a puff of black smoke or something indistinguishable that makes them feel fear...its goal seems to be to want to scare people for unknown reasons....it can seem to manipulate what you see..you might be able to overcome them...everyone is always too afraid to try...if the problem persists get some black.....had to look it up...i keep forgetting its name...black tourmaline...

I have tried to keep my mind open..and my friend told me about his experiences...which is how I know all this...but in the back of my mind I still think you could all just be crazy people...but too many people see the same thing...so im on the edge..good luck and happy dreaming

it was probably just a bad drearn