Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 6 months ago

What would happen if scientists were required to be celibate like Catholic priests are?

Favorite Answer

We scientists would say "screw that."

Pedophiles would be rushing for the science degrees so they could pretend they were asexual and get a job teaching science.

• David

Who needs a requirement for that? Girls always go for hunks, rich men or psychos, not intelligent guys.

• David

Yes, psychos. I can't understand why a guy can hit a girl like a punching bag, and she STILL says, "But I LOVE him!"

Far fewer people would be interested in science.

Who is going to make such a requirement? If it was illegal for scientists to have sex, there would be no scientists. They would just change their job description. Scientists are smart - and randy.

Dogs would still shlt.

Can't you get together with the smoking-at-an-outdoor-service guy and just bore each other to death with your bizarrely specific spam, and leave the rest of us alone?

I guess not much

Who wouldn't make such a requirement? It's hard to imagine the consequences of an improbably scenario. And catholic priests weren't always celibate. In fact, Anglican ministers who are already married can become catholic priests, so there are married priests.

What answer can I give that will shut you up once and for all?

• PhotonX

<What answer can I give that will shut you up once and for all?> Nothing--he's mentally ill. Sad.