Alexander asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

Is it ok if i go back to playing on the third day after the teeth extractions?

I play trumpet and French horn in a school band. I m going to get both of my top pre molars extracted. Is it ok if i go back to playing on the third day. It s going to be a simple extraction as it is for orthodontics treatment.

• Tavy

Not if they are your permanent teeth. You will blow the clot out of the hole and bleed.

If the teeth are deciduous (baby teeth) then you will be fine, however, if it is permanent ones that are being extracted I would say leave it for at least a week - however, your orthodontist will provide you with expert advice if you ring and ask, or wait and ask at the appointment.

Once your permanent teeth are extracted there is a hole in your gum and jawbone where the tooth used to be. This will fill with blood and clot. This blood clot is absolutely essential to the healing process and if it is dislodged (by smoking, exercise, strenuous blowing or sucking motions) then your jawbone will be exposed to the outside world. This is known as "dry socket" and is VERY painful - so you want to avoid this at all costs!

• Lili

Do not ask here. Ask your dentist.

Isn't that the logical thing to do?