Was Jimmy Hendricks guitar strung left handed or was he playing a right handed guitar flipped over?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Me2
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Let's establish that Hendrix was mixed-right-handed, and could play right-handed guitars in the conventional manner.

Hendrix played right-handed guitars, strung left-handed, which is quite clear in the cover jacket of Michael Heatley's book Jimi Hendrix Gear.

• mars
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Both. Lefty-guitars were scarce then.

• 1 year ago

Since left-handed guitars were not easy to get, he played a right handed guitar upside-down with the strings placed in reversed order.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I'm not sure I got all the stuff with Kurt Cobain and Jimi Hendrix mixed up. Because they were both left-handed and I'm just heard so many stories about both of them. Most likely both of them just took right handed guitars and then put the strings in reverse order

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Generally, Hendrix played right-handed guitars that were turned upside down and restrung for left-hand playing.

• 1 year ago

Jimi Hendrix did "cotton picking" (named after Elizabeth Cotton), which is playing lefthanded with a guitar just flipped over and not restrung.

The thick string was closest to the floor.

• Tony B
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Assuming you mean Jimi Hendrix, it was strung left handed.

Added, he is known for playing standard right handed guitars turned "upside down" and played left handed and RESTRUNG LEFT HANDED.t

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.