Working with broken wrist?

So I work in a kids club in a hotel supervising children I fractured my wrist 6 months ago had surgery etc etc but The hotel wouldn’t allow me to work while in a cast. I desperately need the money as I’m 6 months out of wages and the doctor said there’s no problem me returning to work as I’m not required to lift... show more So I work in a kids club in a hotel supervising children
I fractured my wrist 6 months ago had surgery etc etc but The hotel wouldn’t allow me to work while in a cast.
I desperately need the money as I’m 6 months out of wages and the doctor said there’s no problem me returning to work as I’m not required to lift anything
I’m also with at least 2 other staff members at all times so there’s no risk or need for me to lift anything if it came to the bit.
The doctor cleared me to work, manager doesn’t see a problem but HR won’t allow it.

Are they allowed to do this?
I’m from Ireland if that makes any difference
Thanks in advance