Stopped for no insurance?

My step daughter was unwell last night and left her car at hospital. This morning her dad lent her his car to go home in but she got pulled over for no insurance. She is fully comprehensive on her own policy but didn’t realise she couldn’t drive other cars. She is being reported for the offence. I have read the... show more My step daughter was unwell last night and left her car at hospital. This morning her dad lent her his car to go home in but she got pulled over for no insurance. She is fully comprehensive on her own policy but didn’t realise she couldn’t drive other cars. She is being reported for the offence.

I have read the minimum for the offence is 6 points and a £300 fine which would mean her license being revoked.

Is she definitely going to be punished?
Is it worth getting a solicitor due to ‘special circumstances’
Will her Dad be punished for lending her the car even though she didn’t realise she wasn’t insured?