Glenda asked in PetsCats · 8 months ago

Why is my cat kneading and biting my blanket?

Female cat 10 months old. For about three days now I’ll be laying down blanket over me and she comes to bite it and knead me. She’ll bite the very top and burrow her head in my neck while biting it’s and just knead and purr. Eventually the kneading stops she lays down still biting me and just purring and then she’ll nap. Is this her being in heat ? She’s not fixed because she’s an inside kitty.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

My one cat also does this but she doesn’t bite. She is two and still does it. She doesn’t only do it when she’s in heat. I think it’s more like she’s trying to get comfy. Like when a cat or dog turns around or spins a few times before laying down. She’s the only cat that does it though. My others don’t. It probably brings her back to being a kitten and makes her feel safe.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

yeah she is probably in heat.

So guess what? She can go in and out of heat every couple weeks or so, start spraying on furniture and be generally annoying.

Get her fixed ASAP

EDIT: okay so no one agrees she might be in heat and thats okay but listen, you still need to fix her. She will be happier without feeling like breeding every month or so and the spraying issue still stands.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yeah, it's a kitten thing. Friends had a cat that simply adored armpits. She would try to nurse on any available armpit. Cute behaviour, but annoying sometimes.

• 8 months ago

that is a self soothing thing--that is how a kitten feeds from her mom--its kind of like sucking your thumb! so your cat thinks of you as mom! :-)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

sounds like she likes you, i would ask your vet about it

• 8 months ago

No, it's not her being in heat. It's her reverting to kittenhood, acting the way she did when she was nursing from her mother. It's a comfort thing for some cats.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.