can i use an electric stove in a gas house?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yes, we have both. Electric stove for "added capacity" and propane stove for everyday use. The electric stove has an attachment plug that fits into the proper receptacle, not "hardwired". However, our double convection wall ovens are hardwired.

• 6 months ago

Sure, why not? Just get a few batteries.

• olivia
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

yes... you use it

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Yea you'll have to get a 240 volt plug installed for electric stove. My question is why would you get rid of a gas stove they cook much better.

• JetDoc
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Try the gas stove. Once you are used to it, you'll never want to go back to electric.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, IF the house has the proper 220 Volt electric service to connect to an electric stove. I'll bet that once you get used to using the gas stove, you'll never want to go back to electric.

• 6 months ago

As you long as you have electricity and the right hook-up.

• 6 months ago

Yes you can. You just have to plug it in to the proper outlet.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes if you have a 220 watt wire and range plug hooked up, many people switch from gas to electric if they have an old house.

• DEBS
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I know few that go from gas TO electric. Most would love to have gas as it is generally a cheaper source and definitely is better to cook with.

• 6 months ago

Yes but you will probably need a 240 volt outlet.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

US nominal voltage is variously called 110/220 or 115/230 or 120/240. Historically it was 110 DC or even less, but that was long ago. Measured at the outlet it is now usually 120/240.

• LILL
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes....but an electric stove must be hard wired. You can't just plug it in.

• bond
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Actually "hard wired" doesn't meet code. A proper 240v outlet must be installed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.