My grandpa was a very good person, a family man,a Marine,a doctor. At what point did we lose men that had such valors?

My grandpa passed away a few years ago. He died peacefully at 91 at his home surrended by us,his family. I was thinking about his life.. in high school he met a girl. He enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor in the Marines. That girl waited for him. He didn't come stateside for 2 years and when he did she was... show more My grandpa passed away a few years ago. He died peacefully at 91 at his home surrended by us,his family. I was thinking about his life.. in high school he met a girl. He enlisted the day after Pearl Harbor in the Marines. That girl waited for him. He didn't come stateside for 2 years and when he did she was here waiting for him. After he got out of the Marine Corps he enrolled at local university and became a family doctor. He married that girl in 1946,started a family,had kids. Grandma died in 2000 of leukemia and until her last day you could feel they loved each other. When grandpa died in 15 I thought: finally they're together. My point is: sometimes I see even old folks who are vulgar,rude. He was an humble person,never rude to anyone,always polite. Hard working,an honest person,a family man. He wasn't perfect but he was a good person. He wasn't one those doctors who think they're better than anyone. He was a simple man. My question is: at what point did we lose men with such valor? Nowadays I see people who cheats on their wives,rude people,it makes me appreciate my grandpa even more and makes me think the world has lost a good person,not just cause he was my grandpa but because he was a man who earned nothing but respect in his life. What do you think?