Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

I can't afford a therapist or psychiatrist?

I have been extremely depressed and anxious lately, but I can't afford to see a professional. I have the Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance but since it's a private insurance, I will need to pay money for every visit. I don't think I can afford that. I also don't qualify for Medicaid. What are my other options?

Family doctor is always good to ask

Exercise can help with depression. Eat more vegetables and fruits.

Talk to your friends.

I had bad experience with the psychiatrist. They can make you more sick. It is happens to my son. The doctor prescribed medication and make him very sick. He was 5 times in the hospital and make our life a nightmare. The medication was very expensive. we got lucky and finally one doctor help him . He is fine now. No more doctors and no more any medication for 3 years now. I will never make this mistake again. I don't trust the doctors anymore. they promote the medication and get paid by big pharmaceutical companies. Please don't make this mistake. they not going to help you. Maybe therapist only.

ask your family doctor for help.

• Alfred

please, immediately let your Family Doctor there exactly know what you're going through... ask for and timely get the help you need.

Try to talk to your doctor about it and see what they say

Start with your regular annual appt and tell ur doctor ur depressed and can't afford therapy. Ur doctor will probably prescribe a mild med. Look into community mental health clinics or call a therapist and ask if they have a sliding scale. Many will accept a partial copay especially if you can come before 5, when therapists sometimes have less business

If you are religious try reading some Bible verses.

• justin

I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage facebook camaro codybattery, my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

Try calling the local community health department. They should have a list of resources for you. Some theropists volunteer their time to community health departments so you may be able to see a professional for free.

Free suicide hotline. Just google it.